Cuba and Puerto Rico have historically been highly dependent on importing fossil fuels for their energy needs. In recent years there has been an increase in awareness and conviction to develop more energy sovereignty based on clean, renewable sources. In this session we will hear from civil society voices about how communities are innovating decentralized, clean energy systems and the role of local and national governments.
- Ruth Santiago, Abogada de grupos comunitarios y ambientales, Puerto Rico
- Arturo Massol-Deyá, Casa Pueblo, Puerto Rico
- Madelaine Vazquez, Cubasolar, Cuba
- Alois Arencibia, Cubasolar, Cuba
- Moderado por Agustín F. Carbó, Environmental Defense Fund